Features Available with New Magento 2.3
December 13, 2018
Finally, the latest Magento 2.3.0 is now officially released! And it coalesces with lots of new tools designed to improve both merchant and developer experience, and enhancing its performance abilities. So, what does the latest platform version offers?
A quick answer would be performance, security, and innovation. All these features are upgraded to their powerful mode as they were previously.
Magento 2.3 official release note says the new update brings numerous functional fixes, performance enhancement and loads of security updates. It means the developer can follow a faster, safer and better way of developing things through the new features. Let’s see what the new Magento 2.3 offering.
Core features based on:
- Tools to personalize content and add local preferences.
- Build and manage all channels and experiences via a single code base, one deployment and app.
- Intuitive user experience with innovative commerce and CMS theme.
- Module component architecture to help drive opportunities for extension providers.
- Purpose-built developer tools for fast prototyping, helpful debugging, rich feedback, and increased productivity
The new release has features to increase the performance level be delivering the resources faster by lessening the burden on the server.
- Magento 2.3 now supports the newest version of PHP 7.2. In result, you will get higher security, better performance, and a lot of many new development features at your Magento resource.
- The all-new encryption and decryption will now be handled by the sodium library in it which will remove the PHP encryption module ‘mcrypt’ and migrate to Libsodium for password hashing.
- The GraphQL APIis now available on Magento 2.3. This API makes available an alternative to REST and SOAP web APIs for custom frontend development, as well as headless storefronts and PWAs. You can take this advantage in getting more refined data with fewer API requests.
- Asynchronous Web APIs feature will allow any previous Magento REST APIs to be called asynchronously. This community-contributed element includes separate status APIs that have been formed to check the position of each request. Developers can now use the asynchronous APIs in combination with queues that have also been migrating to Magento Open Source.
- Magento commerce, Message Queue is now made available in Magento 2.3.0 which was available as “limited only” before. It allows asynchronous communication between systems. In short, it simplifies the strain on the application band enhances the performance of your Magento store.
- One of the most important features have been included to the New Release is Declarative Database Schema. It would simplify the installation and upgrading procedure for Magento and the extensions. The Declarative schema reduces the need for many database scripts, eliminating the need to retain these scripts. This feature also supports split and shared database structures and database structure confirmation.
Substantial Security Enhancement
The new release brought over 30 securities fixes to core Magento code including the two-factor authentication features. In addition, it also has the Google Authenticator, Duo Security, U2F Devices features now support this service.
Image Source: CloudWays.com
- The Two Factor Authentication or CAPTCHA protects the Admin panel against stolen passwords and affects stores against bots.
Image Source: Dropified.com
- The security features also include Cache flush ACL, which grant granular access to cache management settings to avoid accidental modification that may potentially affect system performance. This ACL also lets merchants control which administrative users can clear site caches.
Bundled Extension Enhancement
The Core extension like Amazon Payments, Dotmailer, Klarna Payments, Magento Shipping, Vertex is now supporting on Magento 2.3.0.
Other Helpful Improvements
- Inventory management/ MSI is available on Magento 2.3.0. This feature would help to control over order and shipment options and will give the full control over the stock store directly from the admin panel.
- The New Updated version has the PWA Studio feature. It is a set of tools that support the development, deployment, and maintenance of progressive web applications.
- Through Page Builder features, a merchant can easily customize the look and fill their store by drag and drop visual content editing tool. Also, the third party contents like YouTube, Vimeo Video, and Google Maps can be intergraded as well.
Magento is a powerful eCommerce platform with unlimited features for customization and with its every update it gives something new to make your application better. The CMS has a lot more benefits in developing apps or stores for your any business and we are here to help you and convert your ideas into reality by suggesting better solutions to your problems. We at
Andolasoft has deep experience in the latest versions of Magento.