20 Apr Software as a Service (SaaS) Or Opensource – which is Right for You!
Opensource and SaaS – it is like choosing between King Kong & Godzilla
Then again – both have their crosses and advantages. Let us find out more about these two platforms and how each platform can be useful to reap the benefits for your necessities. By the end of this article, you will get an idea about both the platform’s unique factors that will help you take that decision you are stuck at.
Now, let’s agree to this – It’s not easy to pick the right platform, while you are planning to assemble a new application of product to use it with an Opensource or Software as a Service (SaaS).
You might think about the various parts like functionality, coding, security and cost of app or product while adopting a new software solution for your company or organization.
Everything depends upon the requirements and your needs.
Opensource software and Software as a Service are two trends, which helps to minimize the software costs and save your time for all sized businesses. However, it all depends on your need.
Opensource has benefits to download the app and use it (so as to test in in your own premises), developer can modify the source code for any purpose, and in SaaS, all you have to do with sign up, pay the subscription, connect your domain or use one provided within your account.
In a word, an opensource application has always have an edge over SaaS platforms.
So, before you spend your time and invest in these platforms, you must be familiar with Opensource and SaaS.
Throughout this post, we will talk about the difference between open-source and SaaS platform and how products like Orangescrum and WakeUpSales are different in both editions.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS is the framework within which software is developed and can perform its functionality to save time and efforts.You have to pay for the application to easily build, manage and maintain sites straight from your web browser but you do not get the ownership of that.
Opensource software source codes are freely available to download but you need to pay for custom designs, premium extensions, add-ons or Plugins.
Let’s have a look at the difference between SaaS and Opensource
- No installation required for SaaS software and these are ready to use software’s in cloud but Opensource needs installation and setup.
- Software update is automatic and free of cost in SaaS but user updates manually in Opensource.
- Higher version with more features can upgrade at any moments in SaaS but you need to pay to get additional features in Opensource version.
- The data security in SaaS is high and data’s are stores with the software providers and the maintenance of data security also done by the software provider. But in open source the maintenance of security is done by the user in its server.
- In SaaS wide range of integration and interfaces are per-installed for smooth operation but in Opensource user have to go for the on demand integration with payments of self developed.
- Paid and rental model commercial plans are available in SaaS software with unlimited performance availability where free software with additional paid support is available in Opensource software.
Both Orangescrum- Project Management software and WakeUpSales –All in one CRM Application has Opensource and SaaS editions, let us look at the Opensource and SaaS comparisons;
Opensource Vs SaaS of Orangescrum
- Orangescrum Opensource:
- Free Download
- On Premises Installation
- Technical skills required
- Active Google Group Forum
- Community Support
- 100% software and data ownership
- Paid installation and support available
- Annual paid support and maintenance
- Customization available
Free Download Orangescrum for your On-Premises use
- Orangescrum SaaS:
- No installation required
- No Tech Skill Required
- Pre-built Premium features
- Recurring Tasks and Task Groups
- Private Task – client cannot see
- Time log and Invoice
- Gantt and Burndown charts
- Resource Utilization
Sign Up Orangescrum
Opensource Vs SaaS of WakeUpSales
- WakeUpSales Opensource:
- It’s completely free
- 100% Software Ownership
- Customization according to business needs
- 24*6Reliable Support
- On Premises installation available
- Technical expertise required
- Active Google Group Forum
- Awesome Plugins on the Marketplace
- On-demand Installation and Support
Free Download WakeUpSales for your On Premises use
- WakeUpSales SaaS:
- Sign Up to Get Started.
- Technical knowledge not Required
- Added with Premium Features
- Reliable Support
- Quick Walk through
- Lead Management
- Project Management
- Gmail Integration
- Web to Lead Automation
Sign Up with WakeUpSales
In the end
Opensource software is 100% customizable as per user’s requirements and user has to pay for any integration and support or if your business has some custom needs.
If you just want a quick solution, which you can use instantly – then you can sign up with the SaaS edition of that software. The choice between SaaS and Opensource is always depends upon you and your business requirements.
Choose wisely or else you can also get in touch with our consultants to advice on which platform choose.