PHP Development and Upcoming Trends in 2017
January 13, 2017
PHP is used by 82.4% of all the websites whose server-side programming language we know.
At the end of 2016, PHP 7.1 has come up with latest improvised features like,
- Nullable types
- Iterable pseudo-type
- Void return type
- Class constant visibility modifiers
- Catching multiple exceptions types
- Square bracket syntax for list() and the ability to specify keys in list()
Improvement in speed and maturity of PHP libraries are the areas where PHP has improved a lot.
“Version 7 and 7.1 of PHP are not the revolutionary changes that we got in the later 5.x versions. They are however a proof that PHP has stabilized, matured, and does have a predictable path forward.”
Cal Evans, Technical Manager at Zend Technologies and
godfather of the PHP community
Entire PHP community is very much happy with the new updated version as all the drawbacks has been removed that were present in the previous version(s) and this helps to establish a new era for enterprise level projects.
Most of the principal companies were not interested with PHP because of its speed.But in 2016; it has spread to millions with its improved featurettes.
I want to develop web applications using PHP. Am I going the right way? Is this the right platform!
Let me tell you some important features, why you will chose PHP for web development and what are the upcoming trends of PHP in 2017.
- Equipped with the latest features(stated above)
- Open Source, Free, and User-friendly. So, you don’t pay a dime.
- Compatible to all the OS and Servers
- Includes multiple PHP frameworks
- MVC coding pattern
- Object Oriented Programming
- Security and Cross Platform.
Probable PHP Trends In 2017
Let’s have a look at the probable PHP trends in 2017,
- With the improvement in several important factors like speed and other, PHP 7 may dominate in all aspects of PHP development.
- The update and release of major frameworks versions like Symfony, Laravel and Yii which are running with the older version of PHP. These frameworks may completely clinch with PHP 7 important features.
- Web hosting service providers may upgrade to PHP 7 with the increase popularity and features.
PHP 7 is the way to go
Comparing to the upgrade features, I think, PHP 7 will be the primary framework for everyone in 2017. Re-engineered features with compatible to all trusted data source can really help PHP developers, worldwide.
It increases websites security level adding up speed that gives better user experience.
Share your thoughts with comments below about PHP 7. Features and updates that we might have missed, we will surely put it up in our next article.