Xamarin: for better Cross-platform Development
Android & iOS operating systems are structurally distinct and often cause confusion for developers trying to make a one-fits-all app. With Hybrid platform, developers can create entirely native apps with a single set of codes, solving common development issues such as:
- Creating apps without the need to revise them
- Controlling app versions without losing actual semantics & purpose
- Developing an app without tweaking the code every time
However, it’s difficult (if not impossible) for PhoneGap/Cordova apps to be both cross platform & leverage familiar native platform interfaces. This is where Xamarin cross-platform application development comes into the forefront.
Major Advantages of Xamarin over Other Players are:
- Seamless sharing of the app logic across platforms
- Native UI–Xamarin Studio (IDE) supports code completion in C#
- High performance assembled code with total access to native APIs
- Build applications on C#
- The component store boasts of a host of free & paid components
Xamarin, complies to the native code & uses native APIs to display the UI. So, a well-written Xamarin app takes advantage of all of the platform’s common interface paradigms & best practices.
Hence, it’s recommended to adopt Xamarin over Hybrid solutions in order to achieve best-in-class UX (user experience).
Ref- willowtreeapps, rishabhsoft
Are you planning to have a mobile app of your own? Talk to our Mobile App Experts at Andolasoft (Ranked 4th Best in Mobile App Development | USA in Jan ‘16). We would love to monetize your ideas into app.
Appreciate, if you can drop-in your thoughts here.