Mobile Apps Usage Statistics: Amazing Trends
March 3, 2016
As of 2015, more than 100 billion mobile apps have been downloaded from the Apple App Store. Mobile experts believe that there will be a 30% – 40% increase in this number by the end of 2016.
Explore the dynamics of mobile media consumption, audiences, and user habits to understand what’s behind this surge in mobile activity, and how mobile app creators, publishers and advertisers can take advantage.
It’s now a question of using the statistics to understand how consumers behave when using different types of mobile devices and apps with their preferences, as shown in the figure below.
Let’s take a look at the graph below to understand the rise in consumer and company acceptance of mobile apps. The exploding 332% increase in growth of personalized app downloading (in 2015) makes it clear that app structuring and engagement in 2016 is going take giant and phenomenal figure.
User Trends ’2016
- 1.91 billion users have smartphones out of the billions of global mobile users.
- Number will reach 2 billion by next year and that by 2018 – almost 50% of the world’s mobile users will have a smartphone. (Courtesy: Emarketer)
- In fact, there are nearly as many active mobile social accounts in the world — 1.68 billion — as many number of smartphones (Courtesy: We Are Social)
- Mobile users worldwide are also watching mobile video at a greater clip than ever. In fact, mobile video accounted for 55% of mobile data usage by the end of 2014 (Courtesy: Cisco ‘15 Mobile Forecast).
- Due to the fact that 65% of the world’s population are visual learners, video — especially mobile video — is more critical than ever to capture customers’ attention.
- As old-fashioned as search might seem to some, 80% of Internet users use smartphones to search the Web.
- Mobile users find your business online have nearly three times more conversion ratio.
- Even more astonishing is the fact that 52% of Americans user their devices while browsing in-store in order to research the product online.
- 40% of shoppers consult 3 or more channels (often while shopping) before making a purchase.
- 4 out of 5 consumers use smartphones to shop. Smart retailers are recognizing this trend and incentivizing the usage of mobile phones.
Last, but not least, there is still advertising to be done on mobile devices — and lots of it. In fact, according to eMarketer, mobile ad spend will touch $100 billion worldwide by 2016.
Now’s the time. Get your business converted into a mobile app! Talk to us.
Our experts’ @ can help you to deliver smart solutions for your business that standout in the market.