11 Jul Tips to increase your app download through App Store Optimization(ASO)
App Store Optimization (ASO) is the process of improving the visibility of a mobile app (such as an iPhone, iPad, Android, or Windows Phone app) in an app store (such as iTunes or Google Play or windows marketplace). App store optimization is just like search engine optimization to improve the app findings by users in an app store. App store optimization includes the process of ranking highly in an app store’s search results and top charts rankings. Ranking higher in search results and top charts will help in more downloads for an app
- App Title: It plays a vital role in ASO. The app title should clearly describes the app and what it does, but it should be short. Too long app titles are get truncated, this kills user experience.
- App Description: This is the second most important part of ASO. This is the place where you sell your app based on the great features!Make sure to keep this section short and concise. As it is going to use in user’s cell phones and not on their desktop monitors.
- App Logo: This is the way you can express what your app is all about. So the app logo should be designed by a professional designer to create a stunning app logo. This part should not be overlooked.
- App Screenshot: Screenshots should be clear and with high resolution. You should highlight the best parts of your app with multiple screenshots. If possible add short text/explanation to the screenshots.
- Category: Make sure to categorize your app appropriately. As a lot of searchers jump straight into specific categories if they are looking for something. There is also a secondary category option in which your app fits into two categories, but the primary category does act as the most important.
- Keywords: You need to know which keywords are relevant and used very often by your targeted users, to improve your search rankings. It is very useful to monitor the other competitors.
- Overall App Ratings: This is an important factor for ASO. If most of the people who downloaded the app gave 5 out of 5 stars, then it must be a great app. Ratings are also a direct reflection of your app’s performance measurement – a great app will get great ratings. The front page placement likely to rely on a combination of downloads, ratings, reviews and Google pluses.
- App Reviews: Like ratings, reviews play an important role in ASO. You want as many app users to leave out genuine reviews of your app. The conversion rate will grow depending upon the number of the favorable reviews your app receives. Always keep track of the users’ reviews and try to improve your app based on the feedbacks.
- Total App Downloads: This certainly affects searcher physcology. If the app has good download number, it creates the impression of being popular, then the chances download of the particular app will be higher.
Around 63% of apps are discovered via app store searches. ASO is the most used method for discovering and downloading new apps from the app stores. So to boost your app’s search ranking and downloading make sure to follow these quick tips of ASO. ASO is just like a secret weapon to increase your app’s visibility, ranking and overall success.
You can also check out some of our free apps.
How did you like this blog? Please send me your comments, if any.